6/29/2012

Recap Week #1

This week has flown by and it is hard to believe that today is going to be my seventh day in London.  A lot of exciting things have happened this week.  I won't go into the Mathematics part much because honestly I still have NO CLUE what we are doing.

But last night two friends and myself ventured over to the West End in search of cheap theatre tickets.  We looked at tkts.co.uk which is very similiar to that of the tkts in NYC.  They had half price tickets for 37.50 (pounds and pence of course) we didn't look to see where the seats were, but it was bit out of our price range.  We then got off the tube and went to a discount ticket booth that was actually in the underground station.  Their tickets "best availiable" in the back of the second balcony were still 36.50 (pounds and pence).  Not what we were looking to spend.  We arrive to the theatre to find that they had tickets for 20 pounds in the second balcony middle (obstructed view) and 25 pounds for the back of the orchestra (obstructed view).  We picked the 25 pound tickets and got decent seats.  The only thing we couldn't see was the top catwalk of the stage which only housed the chorus members.  Other than that there was nothing that we couldn't see.  Playing the role of Ms. Levitt was Imelda Staunton who most of you may know as Professor Umbridge and she was incredible in that part.  I highly recommend this production when it comes to a city near you as it isn't nearly as dark as I had anticipated, but rather light harted at the same time.  But a tip on tickets make sure you search around because sometimes places that say they have the best price are really not!!

Today was our day trip to Cambridge which I feel any trip to London should include it was absolutely beautiful and there was so much to experience.  My three favorite parts were first and foremost the King's Chapel was the most outstanding arcitecture I have ever seen. Secondly was t platform 9 3/4, sadly I was rejected from Hogwarts this year for being excessively awesome.  And Lastly we saw the descendant tree of where Issac Newton had the apple fall on his head.  Of cours there are many postings of these pictures on Facebook, and many more.

Stained Glass and beautiul masonry

Rejected!!
The apple doesn't fall far...


On the plan for tomorrow is Trefalgar's Square as well as Chinatown! I am stoked.  Also sorry or any spelling mistakes, its past my bedtime and spell check is not working, so just do your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment