6/26/2012

Adventures from the Comfort of Home

Before I left for the UK I wanted to spend some quality time with my family.  It all first started with a pedicure with el padre.  That's right I said pedicure.  Not only did Dad willingly go to a nail salon, he got the full experience (well, not full).   He got all his toenails painted a BRIGHT pink.  It's always great to have him there as a mum and a dad (I am just practicing for going overseas).  *Picture to be posted, I have to figure out how to get it off my phone* Dad also made the most delicious breakfast a girl could ask for on the morning of my departure.  Mickey Mouse pancakes and 2 pounds of bacon :)

Secondly I went with Jason to Cedar Point in Sandusky.  We had gone a few years ago.  Not only did I conquer every ride that was thrown my way, I enjoyed it.  Lines were short 10 minutes top and we only had to wait in a long line for one of the rides because it had broken down and it took them about an hour to fix it, and people stood around waiting.  Jason and I also have a tradition of getting some type of tattoo while we are doing these outing so we both continued that tradition and got henna.



Then it came to time with the boy.  Some back story to begin.  I have this large stuffed rat named Roofus that I got from my Nana when I was very young.  Roofus has gone on almost every adventure to date that I have come across.  But as a 20-year-old travelling cross country on my own I could not justify bringing this large rat (he is bigger than my dog Jolene).  Austin had the incredible idea of a final date night to remedy that problem.  Build-a-bear.  I thought that he wasn't going to really be into the whole excursion so I'm thinking get in get out.  But he actually really put some thought into the whole thing.  I pick my bear, stuff it, do the little heart dance, and then we move onto close.  My thought was well I don't need to dress it but he was like no look around.  I am walking around trying to find something significant to me leaving but find nothing.  I walk over to Austin and he is holding a shirt.  He said "How did you miss this? Don't you think it is perfect?"  To equip my bear with an equally as cool name as his shirt we both create a birth certificate for our little monster... 



USA!

Unique eh?

**I will post more pictures from cedarpoint and outings on facebook* :)


No comments:

Post a Comment