6/28/2012

On a Jet Plane

I have posted all the pictures from the past couple days on Facebook so make sure you check those out.  I am quickly going to update you on the past few days and then I promise to be a consistent blogger and do posts daily or every other day. 
CVG really has quick speedy check in process.  I got my iteneriary and checked myself in and went up to the counter to check my luggage.  On an international flight Delta let's you check one bag for free as long as it is under 50 lbs.  I had no clue how much mine weighed and it probably didn't help that I didn't start to pack until the night before.  Austin, Jason, and Dad all put guesses on how much the weight was over the 50lbs.  Luckily my boyfriend has the most incredible packing skills ever, and this occured.

Now bear in mind I had a carry on and a backpack so me being the mathematician I am pack all my jeans, coats, and heavy stuff in my carry-on.  #score


The flight there really wasn't that bad at all.  International food service is actually a lot better than I had expected.  But the planes are freezeing.  I had a hoodie, a light jacket, and the Delta blanket and could not get warm.  Although the noise cancelling headphone my dad lent me before I left were amazing.  It's hard to imagine that on a plane the size of Idaho, that the the 3 babies that were aboard the plane would be in my direct vicinity. I did have The Civil Wars and Ray Lamontagne to sing me some sweet lullabies and I got to cuddle with this adorable man..



Finally, after arriving in London I slept and explored on my own and then slept some more.  And had my first legal alcoholic beverage at a bar that made me feel close to home called Gloucester Arms. (Great atmosphere, cheap alcohol, and decent food). I was to scared to do the whole warm beer thing, but I did have a great glass of Chardonnay from Italy.  #classycheers



  Tuesday we had an orientation as well as guided tour and a lecture. The tour was a blast and I was able to snap some pretty decent photos of the sights around the area and at least hear a little bit of history so I can half-way entertain Austin while he is here.  But then was the lecture. The lecture from hell.  Especially not being caught up with time difference, and it being about math that was WAY over my head.. I think I fell asleep through all of it to be percise.   Although I did wake up to see this masterpiece of art during his lecture. #mathnerds


So basically you are caught up, but I am tired of typing and need to get back to 50 Shades of Grey.  I will update you all later this evening on the happenings of today, but I definitely think Sweeny Todd may be happening :) #macabe

No comments:

Post a Comment