This week has gone by very quickly. Mostly because the homework and material I am learning is picking up, but believe me this has not hindered the good times I am having.
Tuesday night we went to see The Lion King in the Lyceum theater. We had outstanding seats in the orchestra left about 3-5 rows back. I of course got my traditional program (as I always do) and took my seat. As the show began the screen rises and through the audience comes a parade of animals and such. I won't give away any more than that. After that moment the show came to life. Even though there were puppets in the show I still felt a connection to the show and characters. I actually found myself watching the masks more than the actors. I loved the show so much that when Austin comes over we are going to see it again. I think it is a true experience that everyone should have. It is incredible to think that
no matter how oceans or how many miles
separate you
the magic of theater is always appreciated.
As the show was ending we went to take a picture in front of the sign with the Lion on it, and guess who walks out. The cast. ** I should have mentioned before that the men in the show was basically better than Magic Mike. So those who felt bad that I couldn't see it until July 11th here, don't you worry I got my fill of eye candy in the from of live theater of men who could REALLY dance and sing. ** Back to the story, the man who played Simba walks out. Of course we ask for a picture which he obliges. Zazu came out as well and I got a picture with him after a very awkward conversation. I had said that he did a great job in the show, and he turns and said, "What?". I repeated myself. He said "What show?". At this point I am questioning the fact if it was him. I basically was nervous but I said you played Zazu in The Lion King. Not sure if he was trying to get out of a picture or what. (If so he failed). Zazu and Raffiki were definitely my favorite part of the show so I was thrilled to get a picture with him. If you ever get the chance to see this show I recommend it. Especially if you can see on directed by Julie Taymor.
After the show we went to the American College Bar in the UK to celebrate July 4th. We walk in and immediately receive American Flag Hats and notice the 20 beer pong tables set up around the bar. I love that the bar was able to stereotype American colleges properly, makes me a proud Redskin. We hang out drink a bit, but at midnight was when the party began. They blast the National Anthem through the speakers as well as an anthem of "American" songs.
Lots of fun and good times with friends. We ended up getting home quickly because we had directions this time. And were even able to make a pit stop at Mickey D's for some nuggets, fries, and Twix McFlurries.
| What is more American than this hat, and Budweiser?? |
No comments:
Post a Comment